Tuesday, September 29, 2009

San Pietro




On Sunday I went to Citta del Vaticano and experienced
one of the most amazing sundays in my life.
The Basilica Papale di San Pietro is the single most beautiful
and awe inspiring piece of architecture on this earth!

I started my sunday by visiting the Vatican Museum with a few classmates.
Afterwards I decided to go inside San Pietro and photograph
the masterpiece that has been the center
of the christian catholic world for the better part
of the past 400 years!



When I entered San Pietro, I payed my respects
in the Vatican Grotto to the past Popes, prayed,
and then sat in on a mass in one of the many side chapels!
This experienced opened my eyes to the catholic faith
more so than any other experience in my lifetime.

When I exited San Pietro I was left with a certain feeling of holiness.
The kind of feeling that gives a person a new sense of direction and reasoning.


No comments:

Post a Comment