Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh the places we go...and the stories, OHH the stories!




So this weekend one of my roommates and myself decided to take a little trip north and leave our Roman home behind for a few days...and thats when things got interesting!

A Cinque Terre é Pisa vado! (to the five villages and Pisa we go)

So it was after Mike and I boarded our train to La Spezia and were pulling out of the Rome Tremini treni stazione that I realized I had forgotten our hostel reservation information on my studio desk. Crap! Yeah yeah Dad! I know I know blonde moment, thanks! But hey, who's to say I didnt intentionally forget them to make things interesting? haha Ok so I lie!

Anyway, I'm thinkin, no nig deal were big boys, we can handle this. I mean I'm directionally intelligent, I know the town (Biassa) that our hostel is in and Mike is a Eagle scout, WE GOT THIS hahahaha (nervous Kitty laugh...that 70s show for those who know it) riiiight!

So we get to Le Spezia and its 9pm. FYI 9pm in Italia means not a damn thing is open, which is smart, NOT! So we go to a hotel right outside the treni stazione were a "lovely" hostes (sarcasm) tells us we are stupid and that Biassa has no youth hostel! She was sooo much help! So we wonder around for about 15 min asking if there is any place open to buy a map bc were thinkin we are going to go on a little hike. Yeah again, NO place is open. So we go back to the hotel and use Mike's blackberry to google what I believed to be the name. Thankfully we found it and took a cab ride up the switchback road at twice the posted speed limit to get to our destination, Ostella Tramonti Youth Hostel in Biassa, Tuscano Italy.

The following morning we take the bus down to Riomaggiore (southern most village) and proceed to find out just how beautiful Cinque Terre is! Each village is so unique and if anyone wants a beautiful place to spend with a loved one or just go outdoors for a few days on the Mediterranean coast of Italia I HIGHLY recommend it. Mike and I hiked for the entire day and we estimated that we did around 9 miles of hiking, on and off the designated trails. Cinque Terre is absolutely gorgeous and is definitely a MUST SEE for any Italia trips.

Through all the hassle of the first night, it was all worth it. We meet some cool guys who are from the US but living in Rome from our hostel. We saw some of the most breath taking sights this world has to offer. And we experienced our first true trip out on our own, backpacking Italia in style!

Oh and Pisa was a little tipsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment