Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mio amare Roma!

I am Here!

Three days in and I can not find a single thing that I truly dislike about this Beautiful and historically rich city! The language is gorgeous, and when spoken properly it sounds like the finest tuned harp in all the world. The buildings are amazing and you can see the history built right in, oh how I love it! I can honestly say that with each passing day, I find myself loving the food, loving learning and speaking the language, and even, even loving the heat. For those of you whom have not checked, it is 95 during the day and 80 at night...no AC! Oh well, we are spoiled in America and its good that people such as myself are experiencing not having all the luxuries that we have back in the states (AC) so that we can cherish them when we have them.



My apartment is nice and is in a kinda sketchy area of town, but its right down the street from a good road that has markets and restaurants on it. Plus we are right next to a tram stop, which makes the roughly 2.5 miles to studio a breeze haha. At first when I got here I hated my apartment, but now it is slowly beginning to grow on me and I am actually beginning to enjoy it, aside from having no fridge because it is still broken.




Overall though, now having been fully moved in and all unpacked I am in love with Roma! I have seen the vatican, been inside Basilica di San Petro, have walked on the ancient Roman roads to the Pantheon, seen the Trevi Fountain, and have been past the ruins to the Colosseo! This place is gorgeous and I have found a new favorite city in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment