Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Refrigerators are luxuries




The days of Nutella sandwiches, potato chips, and one piece of fruit at a time are officially over.

For those who don't know, this past week the guys and myself have been without a working refrigerator. We have not been able to truly cook dinner because we could not keep our food fresh. This has resulted in many nights out and a lot of Italian Pizza, A LOT!

And now I am proud to report that we, the residents of Circonvallazione Gianicolense 110, apt. # 4, finally have a Refrigerator, and this time it works, oh boy! It is a glorious thing to be able to buy food, cook dinner, and save leftovers.

This only came to be after I formally wrote a letter to the housing office and the coordinator back at ISU telling them that we were going to get a new refrigerator or they were paying for my meals! I had to resort to this because the maintenance man was not very prompt, more like he didn't care at all. I called him twice and he basically told me I was stupid and that he'd be out to check it the next day, yeah he never came! Infuriating!

Anyway the situation has been resolved and I am now enjoying home cooking, done by myself! :) And yes the refrigerator is filled with all the Roman essentials: Wine, Juice, Cheese, and Pasta Leftovers :) its just the beginning to a glorious "glutinous" semester abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment